10 Top Tips to get you started on Twitter – What types of businesses need this platform?
“LinkedIn is for the people you know. Facebook is for the people you used to know. Twitter is for people you want to know.”Unknown
Twitter is perfect for those who have a story to tell and need to connect with journalists and celebs! It is the perfect platform to share news and charity events. I have grown an audience of 3,000 quite easily and it is a platform I dip in and out of depending on what I am sharing.
Local hours like #mkhour is a great way to network online and I love a bit of #SBS with the fabulous https://twitter.com/TheoPaphitis
Sam’s 10 Top Tips for Twitter:
- Get involved with charity campaigns – #RT and why you are supporting…
- It is the first place for news – So get on the #RT and share your views…
- It has taken me 4 years to get to 3097 followers on my personal account so stick with it!
- My work has been shared all over the world, my photos have been on the front page of national papers and I have some amazing followers who gave me a reach of 102k last month… So be you! You never know who is watching you and where it may take you.
- Enjoy it! #RT all the things you connect with and feel passionate about.
- It is FREE! So do use it. You do not have to tweet your own content 15 times a day, but you can share with #RT 15 times a day on days / hours special to you i.e #WednesdayWisdom #MondayMotivation #CharityTuesday #FollowFriday See: BBC – 10-of-the-most-popular #
- Think about what you want to achieve? Find all # relevant to your business and use to the max!
- Make real contacts and #Network follow all of us on this list and #Share #RT #Follow
- Create a #TwitterHour or campaign and go for it…
- Be patient #PracticeMakesPerfect
All social media platforms take time to build and nurture but for the right businesses Twitter is still very much in the game in 2020!
Samantha Poole #SharingIsCaring @ https://twitter.com/spoole2013
1:2:1 Twitter training available @ https://calendly.com/sjpoole/2-hour-social-training-or-strategy-session