So the first 7 days was Clubhouse Chaos, I was addicted and and it was a wild ride with not much sleep. Week 2 has been ‘The Power of Clubhouse’ and I have made some AMAZING connections and have some great opportunities building!
As a single mum, homeschooling 2 boys and running the business from my dining room table… I sometimes feel like the movie Shirley Valentine. I am 44 so some might have no idea what I am talking about here! But Clubhouse has given me a new lease of life, amazing conversations, new friends and business collaborations.
I have started to host rooms, be a moderator for others and I have already been approached for global speaking opportunities! I have been open, honest, vulnerable, truthful, helpful and supportive. I am learning a lot from other founders and finding a brand new tribe to help me develop and grow.
I have connected with the lovely Jennifer Gilmour and we connected instantly! We have already hosted our first room and have established that we have so much synergy already. I received a lovely book after I shared that I still hear that voice and still feel fragile after a very painful divorce which lasted for over 3 years. Jennifer is AMAZING and has achieved so much in her business and life! A true inspiration for #AbuseTalk
‘Peacocking’ and ‘Willy Wagging’ are new words and phrases I have learnt lol! I am sure there will be lots of new words that come out of Clubhouse!‘Put simply, peacocking is “something men do in order to highlight their strong points in order to stand out from their competition,” says dating expert and coach, James Preece. “It’s usually done in order to attract women, much like peacocks show off their feathers to attract a mate (or sales).’
There has been high profile and public arguments which have lead to new rooms discussing female equality, bullying and a call for the ‘Willy Wagging’ to stop! Men have moved over from the big groups to support the women in the new groups who have felt pushed out of the male dominated rooms.
If I am honest I am enjoying the smaller groups with interesting and genuine people / experts without the ego and the constant sales pitch from people who are already millionaires!
I am also loving all of the women who are holding their own, shouting about their success and leading the power of inspiration!
I am loving non business rooms like: The British Accent: How to be an 18 figure founder with @Tash_Courtenay
‘Fun and giggles on a Saturday night!’
Guess the accent was also a fun room and pretty surreal when an actress from Eastenders joins in. Tanya was lovely on air and the room was a fun one to be in on a Saturday night in lockdown.
Then a real giggle with Esther McVey about whipping, but not the whipping you are thinking…
‘The Chief Whip is a political office whose task is to administer the whipping system that tries to ensure that members of the party attend and vote as the party leadership desires.‘
Then everyone had an actor crush live on Clubhouse with Karl Queensborough from Hamilton. I am now going to have to watch this on Disney+ (watched it and loved it!)
ClubHouse Town Hall News: 17/01/2021
1. Jobs for Android App developers – Apply @ firstname.lastname@example.org / https://jobs.lever.co/joinclubhouse
2. This week is all about DISCOVERY. Discover people, rooms and clubs that you might like to join. They really want to make sure that you are seeing the things you are interested in. So do follow those people who look interesting and might host fun or informative rooms.
3. Do you behave like you are at work or at a party? REALLY! I am sure everyone knows how to behave in rooms and if you want to be naughty or flirt… Then head off into a closed and private room lol!
4. Clubs – They are going through the club requests so it is just a case of being patient.
5. They are looking at all questions and feedback that is sent in, so if you have an idea or some advice then do contact them @ https://www.notion.so/Community-Guidelines-461a6860abda41649e17c34dc1dd4b5f
Read my Top 10 Tips to get started on Clubhouse @ https://sjpcollective.com/2021/01/12/my-top-10-tips-to-get-the-most-out-of-clubhouse-app/